[ovs-discuss] Installing OVS on open-source XEN (Debian)

Jean-François Lalau jf.lalau at exxoss.com
Thu Jan 17 19:39:53 UTC 2013

Thanks for your response,
As Henrique Rodrigues pointed, the fact is I don't have currently brcompat
loaded, so I guess it is normal than XEN original scripts doesn't work

As for the various script I found, I don't think it is relevant to debug
them here, since it's various homemade scripts that were developed for maybe
older versions of the products and different distros.
But if some people are interested I would be happy to share my found to see
if it can be adapted.

Actually I wrote here in hope that there's some documentation or even
known-to-work scripts for my case, since I guess there's plenty people that
use OVS with XEN and I can't believe that nobody has a procedure for it..

I would prefer not to use brcompat (especially if brcompat support
disappears in future release...) but I'm more a network engineer than a
linux sysadmin so writing myself such scripts is far beyond my knowledge.

I will test with brcompat as a starting point, but if anybody can direct me
to some resources for XEN over OVS, I'll be really glad.

Jean-François Lalau