[ovs-discuss] Segment fault when running ovs-ofctl snoop br0 using ovs master

张东亚 fortitude.zhang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 12:30:18 UTC 2013

Hi,
  I have built an ovs (master-bfe834e) and found and segment fault error
when I do the following operation:

  1. start ovs-vswitchd and ovsdb-server
  2. set and controller that does not exist, ovs-vsctl set-controller br0
"tcp:127.0.0.1"(which will lead connect refused error when ovs trying to
open and
     connection)
  3. run ovs-ofctl snoop br0 and ovs-vswitchd will crash immediately

  The version is 1.9.90.

  After read the source code , I think the reason for this is
rconn_add_monitor does not check the pointer of rconn->vconn in
rconn_add_monitor while in
my scenario vconn_open will be failed because there is no controller
present.

  The following is the call stack I extracted from the core dump file:

Call stack:
vconn_get_version(vconn=0x0)
rconn_add_monitor
add_snooper