[ovs-discuss] setting openflow controller with ovs-vsctl

steve_1991 at hushmail.com steve_1991 at hushmail.com
Mon Jul 1 06:09:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am trying to setup controller with openvswitch using unix domain socket by running following commands but ovs-vsctl is not creating a domain socket.

$ovs-vsctl set-controller br0 punix:file.sock

$ovs-controller unix:file.sock
the above command gives could not find file.sock error but if I do the reverse like below this error goes.

$ovs-controller punix:file.sock&
$ovs-vsctl set-controller br0 unix:file.sock

Now the issue is the the switch is not connecting with ovs-controller as I am running controller with verbose and log file but no message of connecting a switch. I am even running "$ovs-appctl bridge/reconnect" but no response.

Am I doing something wrong here?

-S