[ovs-discuss] Restarting OVS

Benjamin Lunsky benjamin.lunsky at netronome.com
Tue Jul 9 14:38:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm doing some experimentation with OVS and trying to figure out the most elegant way of restarting OVS after making a modification to the code and recompiling.

How does one restart the vswichd daemon and ovsdb-server as well as the various connections, without having to re-setup the bridge and ports?

I am finding that if I do not delete the bridge and kill all OVS-related processes prior to compiling, I get this error when running ovs-ofctl: "ovs-ofctl: br0 is not a bridge or a socket".

Thanks!

Benjamin Lunsky
benjamin.lunsky at netronome.com

---