[ovs-discuss] vm can't ping over ovs gre port

Alex Wang alexw at nicira.com
Thu Jul 11 07:04:42 UTC 2013

Hey JinHwan,

Very glad that you figured this out by yourself !

Sorry I was pretty busy these days and didn't check the mac address closely.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM, JinHwan Hwang <calanchue at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know what other action means(other have integer number i don't
> understand), but anyway this rule says it dropping icmp path through 20 to
> 21. i didn't do something on open-flow and it has weird src,dst mac!

The numbers following the "actions" stand for "output actions" to
corresponding datapath_port. The datapath ports can be check via "ovs-dpctl
show" command or "ovs-appctl dpif/show" command. The latter command will
show both the openflow port number and datapath port number.

Also, the "actions*
:set(tunnel(tun_id=0x0,src=0.0.0.0,dst=192.168.100.21,tos=0x0,ttl=64,flags(df))),4,5
*" stands for action that encapsulates the packet based on the tunnel
specification and then outputs packet to datapath port 4 and port 5.

Great pleasure chatting with you. ;D

Kind Regards,
Alex Wang,