[ovs-discuss] Traffic bypassing virtual switches

Reid Price rprice at nicira.com
Fri Jul 12 17:18:12 UTC 2013

Hi Edu Serra,

The environment you describe seems straightforward and is known to work.
 Does the attached image really reflect your topology?  There seems to be
an issue somewhere in these statements:

   - The very first moment a machine had 2 interfaces up, some traffic
   would happen to be replicated
   - Also, between switches there is no patch, nor anything, and there is
   no forwarding on the VM machines of any type.
   - We turned off completly interfaces ifInt1 and ifInt2 from the VM's
   (what does 'turn off' mean?  mention actual commands)

You are missing useful information for bug reports. (e.g.:
https://github.com/enukane/ovs/blob/master/REPORTING-BUGS).  Is the VLAN
tagged on the VM or on the bridge?

I would check your VM configuration and make sure you understand how the IP
stack responds to incoming packets.

  -Reid