[ovs-discuss] Planning Ahead

JPDSYS2 Machine jpdsys2 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 15 01:03:08 UTC 2013

I've been running five CentOS 5 x86_64 machines and I am now
consolidating down to one large machine. The machine will be on a AMD
Opteron platform with 64 GB RAM and I have on hand 4 - 1 TB SATA hard
drives and 2 - 1.5 TB SATA hard drives.

Since I am going from 5 to 1 I will be using KVM virtualization.  I am
the most comfortable on CentOS 5.9 x86_64. My questions are:
Do I need openvswitch in this environment?
If I do, how do I configure it - is there a tutorial available?
Since I am not a Network Admin, what is the learning curve?

TIA
Gene