[ovs-discuss] Libvirt "tc ingress qdisc" automatically removed by ovs vlan tag setting, how?

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Jul 17 16:15:06 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Qiu Yu <unicell at gmail.com> wrote:
> After some digging in openvswitch code. My wild guess is that vlan tag
> reconfiguring triggered iface_configure_qos (vswitchd/bridge.c), which
> in turn called netdev_set_policing to reset ingress policing rate.
> Although there's no ingress_policing_rate set in my case, existing
> ingress qdisc still remove by default.

The OVS database in general specifies state, not actions.  That is, if
you set no ingress_policing_rate, then OVS takes that to mean that it
should turn off ingress policing, so it does.

I'm surprised that you actually find ingress policing useful.  Our
experience is that it doesn't work well, regardless of how you
configure it.