[ovs-discuss] How to properly forward certain protocols to a port?

Can Zhang can at canx.me
Mon Jul 29 14:40:52 UTC 2013

I think I've replied but actually it's in the draft box. Sorry for the
delay.

I captured packets on both interface using wireshark and as I described in
the first mail, I can see ARP request at eth0 but not tap0.

And now I'm considering using a veth pair, say veth0 and veth1. Attach
veth0 to an ovs and configure an IP address on veth1. As:

peer packets --- eth0 ---- ovs ---- veth0 --- veth1(with IP address)

The flows installed are similar as before. So the peer could establish TCP
connections with my machine via veth1's IP address. What do you think of it?

--
Best regards,
Can Zhang