[ovs-discuss] How to ping two machines through Openvswitch?

Ramana Reddy gtvrreddy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 15:56:16 UTC 2013

First install openvswitch, and then install VMs ( otherwise host takes
normal linux bridge), and at the VM side the interface created as eth0 and
host side it creates vnet0 for the VM. For the second VM it becomes vnet1.
You need not add vnet0 and vnet1 explicitly. But you have to add the
physical interface (eth0) to the bridge explicitly at host side. You can
see the configuration file ( xml file for each VM, and modify according to
it. Ubuntu 12.04 supports virtmanager version less than 0.9 , and it seems
that it would not allow to add bridge=openvswitch in the configuration
file.