[ovs-discuss] Is there a plan on extracting upcall handling work from ovs-vswitchd process as a single thread?

Lilijun (Jerry) jerry.lilijun at huawei.com
Tue Jun 4 11:13:04 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
In my test, when many different ARP request traffics are received from outline, OVS's kernel module will do upcall for these packets in order to find openflow rules.
Then ovs-vswitchd process will handle each packet and it's CPU cost may reach up to 100%, at a result, other control commands will be blocked and can't be handled.
So can we extract upcall handling work from ovs-vswitchd process as a single thread? Is there such plan for resolving this problems?

Thanks,
Jerry