[ovs-discuss] Datapath in OVS-1.10

Farrukh Aftab Khan Farrukh.Khan at xflowresearch.com
Thu Jun 6 13:11:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

I apologize if my question seems rudimentary but is there a way to add
bridges to different datapaths? From what I understand, in the previous
versions of OVS, datapath and bridges were analogous to each other. Now any
new bridge seems to go to the same datapath i.e. ovs-system.

Is there a way to add a new bridge to a different datapath? I have skimmed
through the ovs-vsctl manpage, but didn't
 find anything there. I am asking this question just out of curiosity, no
particular scenario or test case in mind. I am using OVS-1.10 on
uBuntu-12.04.1 LTS.

If someone can point me to the relevant documentation, that'll be great
help.
Thanks
st regards