[ovs-discuss] Want to create two flows when a packet is received in POX

Muhammad Asad muhammad.asad at aisec.fraunhofer.de
Tue Jun 25 09:27:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

In my network, a packet is sent from Host A to Host B. What I want is
whenever Host A sends a packet to Host B, two flows should be created.
One flow with NW Src A and NW Dest B and second flow with NW Src B and
NW Dest A.

I can install flow with NW Src A and NW Dest B with the following code:

|msg ||=| |of.ofp_flow_mod()

|msg.match.nw_src ||=| |IPAddr(||"IP_of_Host_A"||)|
|msg.match.nw_dst ||=| |IPAddr(||"|||IP_of_Host_B|"||)|
|msg.actions.append(of.ofp_action_output(port ||=| |4||))|
|self||.connection.send(msg)|

But how can I install the second flow with NW Src B and NW Dst A?
Remember, I need to install both flows from packet sent from Host A to
Host B, while Host B never sends a packet to Host A but I still need
flow for it.

Thank you.