[ovs-discuss] Why the flow entry with dl_vlan doesn't work in fake bridge when the VMs are in the same host?

Kris zhang zhang.kris at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 12:21:15 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

First I create a bridge br0, and then i create a fake bridge (tag=100) on
br0, next i create two VMs and connect to the fake bridge br100. last i add
a flow entry into the br0:

ovs-ofctl
add-flow priority=1000,tcp,dl_vlan=100,nw_dst=20.1.64.5,tp_dst=23,action=drop

The purpose of this flow entry that don't allow one VM telnet another VM.
But this flow doesn't work, so please help me!

I draw a picture to explain it, please see the below.

[image: Inline image 2]

But if the VM are not on the same host, then this flow works. i don't know
why?

[image: Inline image 3]

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks in advanced,