[ovs-discuss] Tunneling in Openstack Quantum

Aaron Rosen arosen at nicira.com
Tue Mar 5 22:22:52 UTC 2013

Hi

Response inline:

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Martin Mailand <martin at tuxadero.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I hope this is ok to ask here. I looked through the Code of Quantum and
> I don't understand how the gre tunneling is working.
> I have two bridges br-int and br-tun, both are connected via a patch
> port. But on the br-tun I do have several tunnel, for each tenant one?

You'll have a tunnel to each Hypervisor (not tenant) that is
registered with quantum via the quantum-openvswitch-agent that runs on
each Hypervisor.

> How do I direct the traffic from a vm which is connect to the br-int,
> via the patchport to the right tunnel?

If you run:

sudo ovs-ofctl dump-flows br-tun
sudo ovs-ofctl dump-flows br-int

you'll see the flows that are doing this for you. The
quantum-openvswitch-agent will install these flows for you when a VM
lands on the corresponding Hypervisor.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> -martin

Aaron