[ovs-discuss] [openflow-discuss] putting switches in their own namespace in mininet using openVswitch

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Sun Mar 10 01:27:56 UTC 2013

If you only run network namespaces, it's pretty easy to run multiple instances of OVS.  I touched on it briefly a couple of weeks ago on the ovs-discuss mailing list:

    http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2013-February/009157.html

As you mentioned, you'll need to have each ovsdb-server and ovs-vswitchd pair use a separate rundir, config files, etc, since they'll be in the same process and file namespaces.

Also, Ramana, please don't cross-post mailing lists in the future.

--Justin