[ovs-discuss] CentOS 6.3 install problems, RPM build errors

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Mon Mar 11 19:26:07 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:13:11PM +0400, Denis Iskandarov wrote:
> I saw this announcement in February.
> But it's not on official page: http://openvswitch.org/download/

It's an oversight.  I asked Justin (who usually does releases) to fix
it up.

> Also after day or NEWS pages were changed on gitweb: release dates from 1.9
> were erased and 1.10 added.

I do see that we forgot to put in a release date.  I don't see
anything about "erasing" release dates.

> Right now i see that NEWS changed again, again without release dates of 1.9
> and 1.10 erased (checked in both branches 1.9 and 1.10).
> http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob;f=NEWS;h=37ed2967518d1a5f24a5add1be41e48a19849125;hb=ebf8ca882fe9d66d75d167eeca2f106111eb63be

Same thing.

> Can you please comment on this ?
> Can I download this tarball of 1.9 and it will stable or i can even
> download latest commit from 1.9 branch and it will production ready ?

1.9.0 has been released.  Like all our releases, it's meant to be
stable.  If you find problems, please report them so that we can fix
them.