[ovs-discuss] Ping works, regular network traffic does not.

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Wed Mar 13 09:29:52 UTC 2013

> tcpdump runs before Open vSwitch so it's not being discarded by OVS.
> You mentioned that that this is a vlan, are tagged packets being
> delivered directly to the host?  Some versions of the Linux kernel
> have problems with vlans when used with OVS.

Thx, I'm currently thinking it is hardware related and waiting on some replacement hardware.
(emulex NIC in HP blades)
The same setup does seem to work in our dev lab.
( I've tried disabled TCP offloading everywhere but that did not help)

Will let you know when I've got the results.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen