[ovs-discuss] Why the openvswitch flood the packet_in message to all the port in some time latter?

謝秉融 faithfulman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 09:57:03 UTC 2013

I think there is some misunderstanding of my topology.

controller(10.0.0.11)
openvswitch(10.0.0.12)<------Install at the host.connecting to the
controller
vm1(10.0.0.13)  vm2(10.0.0.14)<----  Two vm on the host.Connecting to the
vswitch

Gateway maybe 10.0.0.254.
Sorry about my un-precise words.

If vswtich got a unmatched flow,it will sent the packet-in message to
controller(from 10.0.0.12 to 10.0.0.11).
But the packet_in message capture by VM1 through wireshark.

Faithfulman