[ovs-discuss] CentOS 6.4 warning: "RTNETLINK answers: File exists" while network restart.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Mar 13 17:23:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 09:15:35PM +0400, Denis Iskandarov wrote:
> You are so predictable :)

If you ask me the same question twice, it should not surprise you that
you get the same answer both times.

> I think we talked about this once... about "producing command"...
> I have attached all outputs i could gather. log messages.... sh -vx output.
> This is all i can do.

You could do far more.  You choose not to.

> You can see all info i have included and maybe understand much more as you
> are developer of this project.

I am not the developer of the CentOS network scripts.  I have no more
insight into what they are doing than you do.

> Or you can suggest other tools for me to gather different kind of info
> which might help you fix problem of your project.

The warning does not come from Open vSwitch, which never produces
error messages of this form.  It comes from some tool that the CentOS
network scripts run.  I do not see any such calls in the sh -vx
output.  You need to look closer, at the programs that run inside that
output.  One of them is calling such a tool.

> Which actually tried to be built in quite standard environment like CentOS
> minimal install without any other piece of soft on it, which is used by
> thousands of others.

Yet, you are the only one who reports this problem.

> I think you need to figure out what command produces this message.

It's not my problem, it's yours.  If you expect others to solve your
problems for you, then you are likely to be very disappointed at some
point.  Maybe that point has arrived.