[ovs-discuss] CentOS 6.4 warning: "RTNETLINK answers: File exists" while network restart.

Denis Iskandarov d.iskandarov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:54:39 UTC 2013

I'm trying.
It's not error of OVS but as well not problem of system only.
RTNETLINK is like bridge between kernel and userspace which notifies and
controls network aspects of systems.
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8498
System giving warning because scripts on which ovs depends ifup-ovs
ifdown-ovs creating bridge twice.
Alexey I. Froloff, creator of this scripts, gave me some introduction and
explanation of this warning.
I'm not guru of scripting and many linux aspects by myself.

P.S.: BTW. I realized you are Ben who created OpenFlow.
Respect for this!
Z only future of networking!(and future of my ISP in couple months ;) )
(but controllers still crappy, without failover.)