[ovs-discuss] Installing OVS with Openflow

Etienne Mula etiennemula at gmail.com
Thu May 2 13:54:13 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I'm a final student attenting to University of Malta and i'm currently
trying to working on Openflow and Floodlight controller. I would like to
ask if its possible that OVS is installed on a server/pc having 4 nic cards
without kvm please , unfortunately i can't find any how-to documents. (
Installing openflow directly on the pc/server is giving problems because
when there is an interface status change the switch is not sending any port
updates apart from down making it unsable)

Apart from this i read that its also possible to build OVS on Openwrt are
there any sources/links which would help me accomplish this.

Many Thanks
Etienne