[ovs-discuss] How to buffer on OVS

Hiroshi Miyata miyahiro.dazu at gmail.com
Thu May 2 21:14:35 UTC 2013

Hi Ben,

(13/05/03 2:35), Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Let me rephrase.
>
> Do these packet_in messages result from an OFPAT_OUTPUT action that
> use OFPP_CONTROLLER as the output port?
Yes,
However, the reason code in the packet_in  was OFPR_ACTION (0x01) rather
than OFPR_NO_MATCH (0x00).

I have investigated if some unexpected flow entries exists.
With my investigation, only the flow_mod of table-miss is accepted.

Other flow_mods for (NS, NA, ICMPv6 echo_req, ICMPv6 echo_rep) causesed
error with
the reason of "unsupported field type in the match". (I used only ping6
application for this investigation)
Therefore, I believe the switch has only one flow_entry of table-miss.

Thanks,

...hiroshi miyata