[ovs-discuss] Packets in userspace

Ben Eyres bmeyres at gmail.com
Thu May 9 12:51:43 UTC 2013

Hey,

I have been reading through the code and have managed to work out that the
function call "queue_userspace_packet()" within "ovs_dp_upcall()" is used
to pass the packets up to userspace. But i cant seem to find where this is
received? I saw a similar massage stating that it is collected by
"dpif_linux_recv()".

It is my understanding that if a packet cannot be matched to a flow it is
sent to userspace to see if it can be matched to a flow, but i cant see
anything familiar to this in "dpif_linux_recv()". Can anyone tell me where
i might find this part of the code?

Thanks
Ben