[ovs-discuss] Issue in multi-bridge topology

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri May 10 16:58:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 02:00:47PM +0530, love you wrote:
> First issue faced :
> 1)    I have created 2 bridges of different subnet br0 and  br1 on the same
> machine
> 2)    Two Virtual machines acting as two controllers  vm1 and vm2.
> 3)    Now br0 is added to VM1  and br1 is added to VM2 (br0 and VM1 are of
> same subnet and same applies to br1 and VM1)

Your description is unclear.  What does it mean to add a bridge to a VM?

> 4)    Now when I add flow entry on br1 through the controller the flow
> entry shows that is added to controller on VM1 but on switch side the flow
> entry is added to br0 when I do dump-flows br0.

Your description is unclear.  What does it mean to add a flow entry to a
controller?

The best thing you could do here is to give a succinct but complete
description of how we can see the same problem.

> And the second issue faced is :
> 1)    I have created 2 bridges of different subnet br0 and  br1 on the same
> machine
> 2)    1 Virtual machine acting as a NOX controller  have two interfaces
> eth0 and eth1 of different subnets.
> 3)     Now br0 is added to eth0  and br1 is added to eth1  (br0 and eth0
> are of same subnet and same applies to br1 and eth0)

What does it mean to add a bridge to an interface?

> 4)    When I start the NOX controller both the controllers don?t come in
> ACTIVE state. The state of the controllers toggle between BACKOFF to ACTIVE

It sounds like the controller is dropping the connections from the
switches.