[ovs-discuss] Issue in multi-bridge topology

love you thunder.love07 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 05:58:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

First issue faced :
1)    I have created 2 bridges of different subnet br0 and  br1 on the same
machine
        ovs-vsctl add-br br0 , ip of br0 10.0.1.10
        ovs-vsctl add-br br1 , ip of br1 10.0.2.10

2)    Two Virtual machines acting as two controllers  vm1 and vm2.
        ip of VM0 10.0.1.15
        ip of VM1 10.0.2.15

3)    Now VM1 port as added to br0 VM2 to br1  (br0 and VM1 are of same
subnet and same applies to br1 and VM1)

        ovs-vsctl add-port br0 vnet0
        ovs-vsctl add-port br1 vnet1

4)    On VM1 i added the flow entry :
       ovs-ofctl add-flows tcp:10.0.1.10 "ip action=drop"

      On VM2 i added the flow entry :
       ovs-ofctl add-flows tcp:10.0.2.10 "arp action=controller"

5)    after dump flow on VM1 and VM2
       I find that the packets added on VM2 are visible on VM1

      and when i dump-flow on br1 and br0 , the flow entries of br1 are
showing in br0 .

Second issue:

1)    I have created 2 bridges of different subnet br0 and  br1 on the same
machine
        ovs-vsctl add-br br0 , ip of br0 10.0.1.10
        ovs-vsctl add-br br1 , ip of br1 10.0.2.10

2)     1 VM with two interfaces eth0 and eth1 of different subnets.
         ip of eth0 10.0.1.15
         ip of eth1 10.0.2.15

 3)    Now eth0 port as attached  to br0 and eth1 to br1  (br0 and VM1 are
of same subnet and same applies to br1 and VM1)

        eth0 acts as an interface VNET0 of VM1
        eth1 acts as an interface VNET1 of VM1

        ovs-vsctl add-port br0 vnet0
        ovs-vsctl add-port br1 vnet1

4)    When I start the NOX controller both the controllers don't come to
ACTIVE state. The state of the  controllers toggle between BACKOFF to
ACTIVE.

Is this behavior normal or should both the controllers come in Active state?

Regards

Anish