[ovs-discuss] Issue in using Unix controller

akash sharma akashsharma.0812 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 05:53:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have created a bridge br0.

then I created a unix domain socket on bridge br0 using the following
command:

[root at user]# ln -s /usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/br0.mgmt
/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/br0.controller

 [root at user]# ovs-vsctl set-controller br0
unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/br0.controller

[root at user]# ovs-vsctl list controller

 _uuid               : b4c1af59-cf8e-4f67-a0ae-d4c3b05574d5

 connection_mode     : []

 controller_burst_limit: []

 controller_rate_limit: []

 enable_async_messages: []

 external_ids        : {}

 inactivity_probe    : []

 is_connected        : true

 local_gateway       : []

 local_ip            : []

 local_netmask       : []

 max_backoff         : []

 other_config        : {}

 role                : other

 status              : {sec_since_connect="0", state=ACTIVE}

 target              : "unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/br0.controller"

 [root at user]#

I have the following queries related to this:

 1. I need to disconnect the unix socket.

I deleted the link created above using the following command:

 [root at user]rm /usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/br0.mgmt

 Am i correct or is there any other way to disconnect the unix socket from
bridge?

 2. Also, I am not able to understand where to check for the
"inactivity-prove" message sent by the switch to the unix controller.

 3. Does setting inactivity-probe to zero triggers the switch to enter in
fail-open mode?

Regards,

Akash