[ovs-discuss] How can this work with out _dst ?

kevin parker kevin.parker092 at gmail.com
Tue May 21 07:35:58 UTC 2013

All incoming packets should be dropped as there is no rule for incoming
traffic.But packets are going in and out.

I tried tcpdump to troubleshoot:
*
*
*1.DROP all in_port 2*
in_port=2 priority=299 action=drop"    tcpdump :As expected no
incoming/outgoing packets.
*
*
*2.Allowed incoming ARP *
in_port=2 priority=303 dl_type=0x0806 dl_dst=6a:3b:ad:97:c9:8a
nw_dst=5.x.x.125 idle_timeout=0 action=normal
tcpdump: As expected tcpdump shows ARP request from other vms.
*
*
*3.Allowed incoming IP packets *
in_port=2 priority=304 dl_type=0x0800 nw_dst=5.x.x.125
 dl_dst=6a:3b:ad:97:c9:8a action=normal"
tcpdump:As expected shows icmp echo request .

Above 3 as expected:but when

*1.DROP all in_port 2*
in_port=2 priority=299 action=drop"

*2.Allowed Outgoing ARP*

"in_port=2 priority=301 dl_type=0x0800 nw_src=5.x.x.125
dl_src=6a:3b:ad:97:c9:8a action=normal"

*3.Allowed outgoing packets*
"in_port=2 priority=302 dl_type=0x0806 nw_src=5.x.x.125
 dl_src=6a:3b:ad:97:c9:8a action=normal"

Both incoming and outgoing worked.

Regards,
kev