[ovs-discuss] Bridge eth and wlan to one switch

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed May 22 21:19:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 07:09:16PM +0200, Janka Nowak wrote:
>  I'm struggling with how to connect two physical ports, interfaces (wlan
> and eth) with one bridge. Both wlan and eth are dhclient. What IP should
> bridge have? Controller is in the same subnet as eth in switch.

The FAQ says:

Q: I can't seem to use Open vSwitch in a wireless network.

A: Wireless base stations generally only allow packets with the source
   MAC address of NIC that completed the initial handshake.
   Therefore, without MAC rewriting, only a single device can
   communicate over a single wireless link.

   This isn't specific to Open vSwitch, it's enforced by the access
   point, so the same problems will show up with the Linux bridge or
   any other way to do bridging.