[ovs-discuss] open vswitch WINDOWS porting

Yong sheng Gong openstack2013 at yahoo.com
Sun May 26 15:00:06 UTC 2013

hi,
I read the FAQ which says:

Q: Does Open vSwitch only work on Linux?

A: No, Open vSwitch has been ported to a number of different operating
   systems and hardware platforms.  Most of the development work occurs
   on Linux, but the code should be portable to any POSIX system.  We've
   seen Open vSwitch ported to a number of different platforms,
   including FreeBSD, Windows, and even non-POSIX embedded systems.

   By definition, the Open vSwitch Linux kernel module only works on
   Linux and will provide the highest performance.  However, a userspace
   datapath is available that should be very portable.

Can u tell me where I can contact the Windows porting guys or get WIndows version of Open vSwitch?

Thanks
Yong Sheng Gong