[ovs-discuss] HIgh CPU usage for ovs-vswitchd with flows

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Wed May 29 02:03:32 UTC 2013

On May 28, 2013, at 10:16 AM, Jing Ai <ai_jing2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Good to know there are ongoing efforts to improve flow setup. What are the timelines for those features? Any patch sent out for review? Thanks!

Patches for kernel wildcarding should go out for review within the next two weeks.  The multithreading of ovs-vswitchd is well underway by Ethan, but I don't want to speak for anyone else on when that will be ready for review.  Ben's already sent out a bunch of patches that clean up our library code to be thread-aware.

--Justin