[ovs-discuss] can't bring up bridge interfaces created by the the ovs after rebooting the server

JinHwan Hwang calanchue at gmail.com
Thu May 30 02:46:41 UTC 2013

Thank you for your reply.

I could find the answer while tracking existence of ifcfg files!

The cause was execution order of inserting ovs kernel module starting and
ovs-db/daemon. I inserted ovs-module after starting ovs-db/daemon. There
were some warning and error messages for this at starting ovs-db, but i
missed it.
After switching the order, ovs properly can load  pre-existed bridge and
also create a new bridge with the interface.

But, Why do you asked me to check /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0
& ifcfg-br1? There are no ifcfg-br# files after load ovs-bridges. Should
There be that files after doing kind of 'ovs-vsctl add-br br#'?