[ovs-discuss] [ovs-disscuss] function bridge_refresh_ofp_port

Liuyongan liuyongan at huawei.com
Thu May 30 12:55:38 UTC 2013

In function bridge_refresh_ofp_port wrote as follows. And I note that if we delete the two lines:
bridge_queue_if_cfg(br, iface->cfg, port->cfg);
                iface_destroy(iface);
performance will improve dramatically, in scenario: mutilple virtual machines with 10 nic card shutdown currently.

So I wonder why we should "Demote these to "if_cfg""? and when will it hanppen?

Thx.

/* Some ifaces may not have "ofp_port"s in ofproto and therefore don't
     * deserve to have "struct iface"s.  Demote these to "if_cfg"s so that
     * later they can be added to ofproto. */

HMAP_FOR_EACH_SAFE (port, port_next, hmap_node, &br->ports) {
        struct iface *iface, *iface_next;

        LIST_FOR_EACH_SAFE (iface, iface_next, port_elem, &port->ifaces) {
            if (iface->ofp_port < 0) {
                bridge_queue_if_cfg(br, iface->cfg, port->cfg);
                iface_destroy(iface);
            }
        }

        if (list_is_empty(&port->ifaces)) {