[ovs-discuss] Logging problem

Jayanth Silesh sileshsu at usc.edu
Fri Nov 1 13:12:45 UTC 2013

Hello All,
I just switched from the User switch to OVS implementation and trying to modifying couple of stuff.

In user switch I used to use VLOG_ERR() to output my print statements where ever I could not use printf().
I tried the same in the OVS, I used printf() and it threw errors. So I used the VLOG_ERR() to log my messages.
It compiled and ran but it does not log any statement in the files.
I have checked in the following files,
/var/log/syslong
/var/log/openvswitch/*

Also, is there a better logging system in OVS since I cannot use printf() in all the files.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jayanth Silesh
317-476-2599