[ovs-discuss] Initialization of the OVS

Alex Wang alexw at nicira.com
Fri Nov 1 16:21:14 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Jayanth Silesh <sileshsu at usc.edu> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I need to insert a code where the OVS is finished initializing and my
> function has to be executed.
> My implementation should be the last thing that has to be executed as a
> Part of "Initialization" of the switch.

You may check the vswitch/ovs-vswitchd.c or vswitch/bridge.c, depends on
which you are looking for (vswitchd initialization or an ovs bridge
initialization)

> I tried backtracking and couldn’t find that spot.
> But I tracked to this function “ rconn_recv(struct rconn *rc)" :
> (lib/rconn.c file) and thought this might be good spot to insert my
> initialization code.
> Is there a better function where I can insert my module in the OVS code?

May I know what you are trying to do?  How did you backtracked to rconn
module?  since it is for providing "A reliable connection to an OpenFlow
switch or controller"