[ovs-discuss] open vswitch-2.0.0 flooding issue

Bochra Boughzala bochra.boughzala at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 22:08:09 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've been using ovs recently, making some basic configuration and
connecting it to nox controller (using openflow1.1)
When I start sending packets let's say on eth1 which has in_port id = 1,
when I look at nox controller I see that instead of receiving packet_in
with in_port = 1 I am receiving packet_in from all the configured ports of
the bridge
I tired the no-flood option but it didn't resolve the problem
So I want to know if there is a way to prevent this behavior ?
is it a bug in ovs-v2.0.0?

This is my config if it can help:

sudo ovs-vsctl add-br br0
sudo ovs-vsctl set bridge br0 protocols=OpenFlow11
sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br0 eth1
sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br0 eth2

sudo ovs-ofctl mod-port br0 eth1 no-flood --protocol OpenFlow11
sudo ovs-ofctl mod-port br0 eth2 no-flood --protocol OpenFlow11

sudo ovs-vsctl set-controller br0 tcp:nox_ip@:6633

Thanks,
Bochra