[ovs-discuss] How does the network environment forms "loop" ?

Reid Price rprice at nicira.com
Wed Nov 6 01:49:48 UTC 2013

You have configured the loop yourself, as you described above.
Broadcast packets are forwarded out all ports except the ingress
port by the NORMAL action (you didn't mention configuring any
flows), and different tunnels are different ports.  Since each Host
has 3 ports, the broadcast packets are sent out to the tunnel they
didn't come in on, creating a loop.

  -Reid