[ovs-discuss] Write_metadata and resubmit

Jayanth Silesh sileshsu at usc.edu
Sat Nov 9 11:33:28 UTC 2013

Hey All,

From what I understand is that when I use write_metadata in ova-ofctl, it writes some info to the packet and the packets gets sent to the controller.

I am trying to write_metadata to the packet and then resubmit to another table so that the tables matches the “metadata” in order to take the actual action.

Is there a way I can use write_metadata and resubmit?

I have tried ways like :

ovs-ofctl add-flow s1 “table=1 metadata=3 actions=output:2"
ovs-ofctl add-flow s1 "in_port=2 actions=output:1"
ovs-ofctl add-flow s1 "in_port=1 actions=write_metadata:3,resubmit(,1)”

Thanks in advance.

—
Jayanth,
Graduate student.