[ovs-discuss] Fwd: Mininet + ovs 2.0

Flavio Castro castro.flaviojr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 03:06:19 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Flavio Castro <castro.flaviojr at gmail.com>
Date: 2013/11/15
Subject: Re: [ovs-discuss] Mininet + ovs 2.0
To: Justin Pettit <jpettit at nicira.com>

Thank you for the help!

So yes, conf.db exists.

And it also does exist two processes called ovsdb-server and ovs-vswitchd.

They are true. But I am still getting this error:
____________________________________________---
2013-1115T03:04:29Z|00001|reconnect|WARN|unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock:
connection attempt failed (No such file or directory)
ovs-vsctl: unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock: database connection
failed (No such file or directory)
ovs-vsctl exited with code 1
*** Error connecting to ovs-db with ovs-vsctl
Make sure that Open vSwitch is installed, that ovsdb-server is running, and
that
"ovs-vsctl show" works correctly.
You may wish to try "service openvswitch-switch start".

Thanks again, the problem is not bottering me anymore, but I would like to
understand it anyway.

Att,

Flávio Castro Jr.
Aspirante a Engenheiro de Redes de Comunicação
Universidade de Brasilia
 0(55)(61) 9511-9999