[ovs-discuss] Communication between OVS and controller (floodlight )

VIVEK KUMAR kvivekkumar1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 10:06:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

   This is Vivek Kumar, final year student in BTech computer science. I,
along with my friends, am doing a project on SDN. We intend to use
floodlight as controller, mininet to create topology and openvswitch.

 We wanted to create a different packet ( not of the form struct sk_buff as
defined and used in datapath.c in mininet ).

 We went through the Openflow specification. It lists different types of
messages which uses their own structures like error, ofp_port_status, and
others.

 Can you please help us out ?
Is there a method which we can use to create a new pkt and send from OVS to
Controller ?

 Thank you

VIVEK KUMAR