[ovs-discuss] Configure queue "size"

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Nov 22 01:02:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 03:48:55PM -0800, Hassan Habibi wrote:
> I want to create a queue and configure both the "rate" (bps) and "size" (Byte) of queue using "ovs-vsctl" or ... ?
> However, I found the command to limit the rate only. Would it be possible to tune the queue size on OVS?

Q: I'd like to take advantage of some QoS feature that Open vSwitch
   doesn't yet support.  How do I do that?

A: Open vSwitch does not implement QoS itself.  Instead, it can
   configure some, but not all, of the QoS features built into the
   Linux kernel.  If you need some QoS feature that OVS cannot
   configure itself, then the first step is to figure out whether
   Linux QoS supports that feature.  If it does, then you can submit a
   patch to support Open vSwitch configuration for that feature, or
   you can use "tc" directly to configure the feature in Linux.  (If
   Linux QoS doesn't support the feature you want, then first you have
   to add that support to Linux.)