[ovs-discuss] OpenvSwitch Monitoring

Phil Daws uxbod at splatnix.net
Fri Oct 4 18:44:31 UTC 2013

Made huge headway with, RTFM, and have KVM running with vLANs.  Thanks to http://blog.scottlowe.org/ for great articles.

Now wondering how one should monitor the ports on the vSwitch ? I admit have not check on the SNMP aspect, but from the articles above, am now wondering if I have gone down a rabbit hole by letting the KVM/libvirt processes manage the ports!  By defining a OvS network in KVM it provides great persistence when starting and stopping; but what does that do to SNMP with the OiDs it returns ? Would it be better to defined everything through a start-up script on the host for Bridges/Ports and vLans ?

Amazing tech and learning so hope for any help.

Thank you.