[ovs-discuss] Fwd: MPLS in openvswitch

deepak salaria deepaksalaria1990 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 08:33:55 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I have installed openvswitch-1.11.0 on ubuntu 12.04 system.I am testing
mpls protocol in openvswitch.I have been able to push and pop the mpls
headers in the packets passing through the openvswitch.

I am using the following command on openvswitch to push and pop the mpls
headers.

*1. For pushing mpls header*

ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 "in_port=1,actions=push_mpls=0x8847,output=2"

*2. For poping mpls header*

ovs-ofctl add-flow br0
"in_port=1,dl_type=0x8847,actions=pop_mpls=0x0800,output=2"

The above is working fine.
By default the openvswitch pushes the mpls label 0 in the packets passing
through it.But when i use set_mpls_label command in openvswitch to swap the
mpls label as shown below:

ovs-ofctl add-flow br0
"in_port=1,dl_type=0x8847,actions=set_mpls_label=100,output=2"

*then the ovs returns the follwing error:unknown action set_mpls_label*

How can i enable set_mpls_label command in openvswitch-1.11.0?

Please help me regarding this issue. Looking forward for your positive
response.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.Thanx for the help in advance.

------
Regards

Deepak