[ovs-discuss] dhcp for bridge interfaces not working in 1.11.0

Morgan Yang Morgan.Yang at radisys.com
Tue Oct 15 07:19:58 UTC 2013

Hi All:

I have been using the following ifcfg files for 1.9.3 and 1.10.0. However, after updating to 1.11.0, it seems DHCP is not working on the bridges anymore. Running "ifup" manually, I don't even see dhcp requests going on the wire

DEVICE=ovsbase0
ONBOOT=yes
DEVICETYPE=ovs
TYPE=OVSBridge
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
HOTPLUG=no

root at xxxxxxx:~/ovs# ifup ovsbase0
device ovsbase0 entered promiscuous mode
Determining IP information for ovsbase0... failed.

However, running "dhclient <bridgename>" seems to work fine.

Is this a result of feature change in 1.11.0?

Much Thanks
Morgan Yang