[ovs-discuss] Trouble to understand OpenVSwitch behaviour

Henning Rogge henning.rogge at fkie.fraunhofer.de
Wed Oct 16 07:31:06 UTC 2013

On 10/16/2013 07:47 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> I know the problems receiving and sending packets through a wifi
> interface, but that is not directly related to my current problem.
>
> I try to understand why my connection through the ethernet interface to
> the local port of the ovs bridge stops when I add the wifi interface to
> the bridge.

I just discovered the reason for the connection loss.

The moment the second port is added to the ovs-bridge, the bridge local
port changes its mac address to the one of the second interface.

This sidesteps the flow rule I added to transport the traffic to the
local port.

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE