[ovs-discuss] noflood port override

Faisal Ali justhugoo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 03:29:05 UTC 2013

Hello,

I setup a GRE tunnel (connected to switchport 4) and put a noflood option
to prevent broadcast storms as below

ovs-ofctl mod-port test-br 4 noflood

But I need the broadcasts from VMs to be forwarded over the GRE tunnel so I
put the following command

ovs-ofctl add-flow test-br 'priority=1900 in_port=13
dl_dst='ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff' actions='normal''
ovs-ofctl add-flow test-br 'priority=1900 in_port=13 nw_dst='224.0.0.0/24'
actions='normal''

However, I am not seeing broadcasts on the ovs bridge on the other end of
the gre tunnel. But if I remove the noflood option from GRE port 4, the
broadcasts is received.

What am I missing or should I not use noflood option at all.

Thanks

Faisal