[ovs-discuss] Reg. flow based tunneling

ESWAR RAO eswar7028 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 16:53:08 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Can someone please help me in below scenario??

I have launched VMs of same subnet on 3 different machines.
By using flow based tunneling, I created only 1 tunnel port on each node.

#ovs-vsctl add-port br-tun vxlan0 -- set Interface vxlan0 type=vxlan

Now I need to add broadcast flows (2 is tunnel port , 1 is the VM port)
 # ovs-ofctl add-flow br-tun in_port=1
actions=set_field:<remoteIP-1>->tun_dst,set_field:<vni>->tun_id,output:2

Can I add additional tunnel-destination and tunnel-id to the above flow so
that the packet goes to other machine also??

Earlier without flow based tunneling, since each tunnel port used to be
created with remote-ip, the broadcast flows used to contain both tunnel
ports in the output action's.

I thought of verifying this but currently facing some problems in building
openvswitch-2.0.0

Thanks
Eswar