[ovs-discuss] Doubt with OVS connected to multiple controllers

Sujaya Maiya sujayamaiya at yahoo.in
Mon Oct 28 04:18:08 UTC 2013

Hey! We are doing a project which requires an openvswitch to be connected to multiple controllers. That part is done. But we wanted to know if we can specify in the openvswitch, which controller it has to talk to. If yes, how do we instruct the switches?

Assume this topology, we have two hosts, h1 and h2, connected to one openvswitch and this switch is connected to 2 controllers, c1 and c2. Packets coming from h1 should be talking to c1 and from h2, it should be talking to c2.

Thanks,
Sujaya