[ovs-discuss] Compiling v1.10.0 for Raspbian Os

Karthik K kannankarthik1992 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 18:01:30 UTC 2013

I am trying to compile openvswitch v1.10.0 for Raspbian OS (raspberry pi)
with kernel 3.6-trunk-rpi

I am installing openvswitch, so that it can be used with mininet and was
thus following the mininet istructions.

Accordingly, I first did autoconf and got the following errors.

configure.ac:22: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:25: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_CC_C_O
configure.ac:38: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_MISSING_PROG
configure.ac:117: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL

The configure file was created and so I tried configuring by running

../configure --with-linux=/lib/modules/3.6-trunk-rpi/build
--with-linux-source=/usr/src/linux-headers-3.6-trunk-common

but got the following errors

configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-linux, --with-linux-source
configure: error: cannot find install-sh, install.sh, or shtool in
build-aux ".."/build-aux

Does v1.10.0 support my kernel version. what do I need to do, to get it to
compile.

With Regards
Karthik K