[ovs-discuss] Sending traffic out the originating

Aws Auger ovshelpme at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 15:09:47 UTC 2013

Hello,

I currently am trying to use a Beacon controller to create a FlowMod that
sends incoming traffic from port 1 back out port 1 after modifying some
fields.  I currently am trying to achieve this through OFActionOutput(port
1).

It appears that Open vSwitch blocks this behavior and I do not see packets
being outputted on port 1.  If I change OFActionOutput to send out to a
different port (i.e. 2), I can see the outgoing traffic on that port.  This
result leads me to believe that my controller is behaving correctly but
Open vSwitch recognizes that the controller is attempting to send traffic
out the originating port and blocks it.

My question is does an option exist to turn this behavior off?  If not, is
there a workaround I can do to accomplish what I want?

Thanks